So today I baked my Amish friendship bread and I was quickly reminded as to why I don't bake, or cook much anymore for that matter. First of all the kids were underfoot the whole time both talking VERY enthusiastically ( ie. screaming) and I was trying to pay attention to mixing up the correct amount of ingredients, yes it takes lots of concentration for me to bake as I don't normally do this. Plus it was early and I hadn't yet had my morning joe. Anyway, I baked the bread, which was yummy, but here's the reasoning behind my not baking anymore. I spent a lot of time prepping it, made a HUGE mess while making it, and then the little ingrates ( my children) refused to eat it. Jackson tried one bite after much cajoling, and went into hysterics on how gross it was. Yes, he's my drama queen. It's just not worth my effort as it's not in the least bit appreciated.
The kids were insane today. I love them to pieces, but wow, they are a handful sometimes. They get so hyper and it's gotten to where it's them against me. They love to team up, and Jackson can be a bit of a bad influence on my sweet Elena. It's cute thought that they get along so well, but I need to tighten the reigns a little as they tend to walk all over me.
Tomorrow BOTH kids are going to their first non-family sleepover, and I pray they will have a great time and I won't get a late night call. I also have Bunco tomorrow night, I hope I win some moolah. Yeah baby. Sunday is a birthday party at DC and then back to work and school for the kiddos. My weekends just aren't long enough.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment