Sunday, July 1, 2007
In Memory of Jenna Jurgens
Yesterday was the funeral of Jenna Jurgens. She was a friend of mine, although I wish I had gotten more time to get to know her better. Here's what I do know: She was an amazing woman. She beat cancer twice and I really thought the third time would have been no different. She was strong. A fighter until the end, she was one of the strongest people I have ever met. She had a can do attitude, that she could do anything and make it seem so simple. She was an awesome mother, she had 3 young kids and a 4th on the way, yet somehow made it seem so easy to take them anywhere and everywhere. She had a lust for life. She was so full of energy and appreciative of each day that she had. She had lots of friends and family. She was a true inspiration to so many it's kind of overwhelming. To see someone that was so full of life and love gone is devastating. I looked at her in her coffin, and she just didn't even look the same. This wasn't the vibrant woman so many of us knew and loved. I feel for those poor kids who will grow up without such a wonderful mother and can only hope that one day they will realize how truly great she was. She won't get to see her kids dating, graduate, go to college, get married, have kids, it is just so heartbreaking but I know she will watch over them and she is now pain free in Heaven, with Will in her arms. She doesn't want us to cry, but we will for a while, and then hopefully we can move on with our lives and remember this incredible person. Hopefully she has taught us to appreciate our days a little more than we might have, to stop and just give our kids an extra hug or kiss when we're too busy. Jenna touched so many lives and when I die, I can only hope that I have enjoyed my life as she had, and touched even just half as many lives as she did and I will be a happy woman. She made a true difference to so many and not many people can say that. We will remember you Jenna, thank you for being my friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
amen shannon.. I agree with everything you said...escpeically about taking those kids anywhere! she was one of a kind.. they NEVER slowed her down! lol.. I remmeber one day she came to the mall with Kaity on her back in a backpack and Ashlee and the THREE Moradipour girls LOL.. that was her!!! Love you Jenna!
well said Shannon!
Post a Comment