CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Yay for holiday weekends!!!

Well, it's amazing how much more energy I have since the last post. Work, kids, and just everyday life have been so stressful, I just really needed a break. Anybody that really knows me, knows that I just do way too much, but I like to make the days fun and special for the kids. So, instead of just relaxing this holiday weekend, which you would think we would do since I've been so tired, and we're doing Jackson's CC in which we wanted to stay close to home, we opted for another fun-filled weekend.

Friday night was a playdate with a friend. We originally went to McD, but it was raining and the roof apparently was leaking, so they had the playland closed, so it was off to Chik-fil-a. We had a good time and got home pretty late.

My membership at the zoo and Discovery Center both expire tomorrow, so we went to DC yesterday and had a great time, we fed the ducks and even stayed late that night on the playground and did a little picnic.

Today we went to the zoo and it felt like it was at least 100+ degrees. Scorching hot, but the kids had a great time which makes for a happy mommy. The only bad part, other than all of the crying and screaming kids, which in turn made Elena cry, and the blistering heat, was the fact that Jackson choked on an ice cube while we were watching one of the zoo shows. At first I didn't realize he was choking, he was crying, then I realized what was going on, and I am so not good at emergencies, I flipped him over trying to get it out, and couldn't, so hubby did. OMG I was so scared!!! I could seriously not live if something ever happened to my kids. It was truly one of the scariest times in my life, right there with the time we couldn't find Jackson. It shook him up pretty good, and me too, but after a while he was fine, and I was just so thankful for my sweet little babies.

Tomorrow we may try to make a playdate and then Tuesday is back to normal for work and school. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

0 comments: