This weekend has seemed like such a blur, so short and yet so long. How is that possible??? Saturday we went to an open house at a dance studio that are customers of ours. I'd been thinking about enrolling Elena in their tiny dancer program. It's for kids 18 months-3 yrs old. We went to look around, and Elena seemed to really like the place, and like the teachers, so I decided to go for it and sign her up. I never in a million years thought I would enroll my daughter in dance. I never wanted to be a ballerina growing up, and am kind of the anti-ballerina/princess kind of chick, but oh how quickly that changes when you have your own little princess in training. lol Never say never, right? So I bought her some tights and ordered the tiniest ballerina shoes that they make. I didn't need to buy a tutu, since I had already found one at consignment. Plus, I'm sure I'll be hitting up Target for a backup. Gotta have my little diva all dolled up. She starts the Monday after Labor Day. It's a Mommy and Me kind of class, so it should be good bonding time for us, along with all the fun things she'll learn. Ever since I mentioned that she and I needed to bond more, we have. Things have been pretty good between us. She's been getting quite mad at her Daddy, why I have no idea. She tried to shove him out of the way, and she has hit him quite a few times. She also wouldn't let him get her out of her crib this afternoon after her nap. I'm just glad that she and I are bonding more.
We really didn't do too much this weekend other than lots of errands, cleaning, playing, and hubby actually cleaned the car out. That was a long job. It's amazing how filthy a car can get when you have two little ones in the back seat. Lots of crumbs, spills, toys, etc. Yuck!!! Oh, we did release our butterflies this morning. We had bought one of those butterfly habitats, and thank goodness it was time to set them free. My cat kept trying to get to them, so we had to keep the butterflies locked away. It was so awesome watching the kids reach their little hands in their and being so gentle with them. The butterflies would land on their little fingers and then we put them on our butterfly bush. How cool!!!
I am totally exhausted now from the long day, and hope to go take a bubble bath as soon as I get my little man to bed.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
I cant wait to see pics of your little princess. I bet you guys will love that class!
Post a Comment