The weekend unfortunately went by way too fast, but it was a good time. Saturday morning we had pictures in Franklin for Elena. She was getting pics made in a dress that was made by my great great grandmother. It's been in the family for almost 100 years. Overall I think the pictures went fairly okay. Here's a link to them, although they haven't been color corrected or edited at all yet. http://www.apgphotography.com/mp_client/pictures.asp?action=viewphotos&size=thumbnails&thumbpagenum=1&eventid=44403&eventstatus=0&categories=no&keywords2=no&groupid=%200&bw=true&sep=true&ckw=false
They're not bad, but frankly I think John could have done just as good or better, for free, instead of the high cost of the sitting fee, but my Mom was footing the bill and she wanted the pics to somewhat match the ones of my niece from 8 years ago.
After the pics, my Mom took us out to Romano's Macaroni Grill for lunch. Normally I don't think much of the place, but I have to admit, my food was delicious. After that , my Mom took the kids back to Dickson with her, and we went to a friend's art exhibit in Franklin. I even bought an actual painting! Aaaahhh! I've always wanted to own a " real" piece of art, and my hubby liked this small painting of our friend's the best and it was affordable, so we now own a " real" painting instead of just a reproduction. woo hoo!!! I love art! My fave was $2800, which I don't have just lying around, so oh well, maybe another day for me, but it's a nice that I could buy a little something for hubby.
After that we went to see The Dark Knight. It was very good, although very violent, and a little sad at the ending. Heath Ledger did a fabulous job. Afterward we went back to Murfreesboro, stopped by the shop for a bit, then went to Chop House. It was very good, although I ordered some nasty mushrooms with Bearnaise sauce. I had no clue what Bearnaise was, but I now know I dont' like it. lol Oh well, live and learn.
Sunday morning we got up and decided to get some lunch and then once again go to the movies. We never get to go to see movies that aren't animated, so I knew John wanted to see Hancock so we went to that. I had heard bad reviews, but I liked it. It was pretty good and was entertaining. We had a nice time. Afterward, hubby had to go do some pictures for a customer, and I went to Nashville to pick up the bambinos. They had a great time at my Mom's and I was happy that they did. My Mom has been so flaky lately, and while she had a little bit of a hard time with Elena, she still had fun. I was so happy to get the kids back and get back to our routine. Elena was so happy to see me, and Jackson was asleep but when he woke up he was happy too. Awww, I love my kids to pieces. We got home just a few minutes before hubby got home from his photography session, so it was nice to have the timing so good. Then the kids played outside on the trampoline and we did bubbles. It was just a really good weekend!!!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Glad you guys had some time alone. That is great that you guys had a good time! The pics of Elena are adorable. I hope your week is as smooth as your weekend was.
Love the pics! That is really cool to have such an heirloom for the dress!
Post a Comment