CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Time for new beginnings

Hubby and I had a talk last night and it really opened my eyes. I've really seemed to lose myself the past 5 years. It seems like childbirth had really changed me and I lost sight of who I am, what I want, etc. Not to say that I don't like being a Mom or don't love my kids, because I love them more than anything in the world, would die for them, etc, and they are the BEST thing I have ever done in my life, but it seems like I have a hard time juggling everything. I seem to focus on one thing and really slack on everything else. Well, for almost 5 years, it's all been about me being Mommy that I've lost sight of being a wife, friend, environmentalist, animal champion, etc. It's time to regain some of that. I hate to admit that I usually put my hubby last and I feel terrible for that. He used to be my best friend, and I totally lost sight of that. I need to work on that friendship again.

Other friendships I need to nurture more as well, I have really slacked off on some of my closest friends. On the other hand, people that I once thought were my friends, I am coming to find out that they aren't, funny how that sometimes works. Anyway, it's time to find myself, even hubby admitted this last night. I've changed and I really want to get back to being " me". So if you see me or talk to me and I am acting or talking strangely, maybe this will explain things. I'm just getting too old for some of the BS and I am really looking forward to hopefully finding myself. Hey, I just might end up liking myself. lol