Well, another week has quickly gone by. Work has been busy and it's been pretty nice though that we have carpooled almost all week. Especially nice with gas prices being so high, plus that means that John has been home more. I like that.
This week though we are going to be super busy and will have to work probably lots of overtime. yuck. Oh well, it's better than not having anything to do and no business.
Saturday morning I took the kids shopping while John did some much needed yard work. Then it was off to meet Tanya and Abby at the Pottery place to make Father's day gifts. We've already done the handprints and such, and hubby doesn't drink coffee so I felt like a mug was useless, but a margarita glass, would be beneficial. Ole! So we made a World's Best Daddy margarita glass. Jackson picked out the colors and helped to paint it, then Elena added her own little personal dash to it. It will be a very unique looking glass, but it will be a work of love. Jackson kept trying to pick out robots, motorcycles and lizards for John's gift. Umm don't think so. I did reward Jackson for his good behavior by letting him paint a lizard. The kids both were very good I was pleasantly surprised as Elena was a beast the last time we took them.
Then it was off to lunch, which was nice but noisy with the kids. Then a CVS run, they're never good in there, well at least not Elena. Then I took the kids home, hit up Kohl's for some more Father's Day stuff, and few pieces of clothing for me. Yippee! I really needed some stuff. Then I was able to actually get in a good workout, nice since I've been so busy I haven't been able to get to the gym, then hit a couple more stores and home. A long busy day indeed.
Sunday we went to the Splash Pad. Missed Tanya and Abby, and Lisha and Riley had to bail too, so missed them. Fortunately Margie, Todd and Joshua showed up and Jackson was super happy to see his bud. Elena had a good time too, plus no head on the pavement this time, although poor little Leny fell and scraped her knee pretty good. Poor little girl, but Jackson being the good brother he is, kissed it to make it better, he's so sweet to her! Oh, and at lunch Saturday he said he wants to marry his sister. How sweet and twisted is that???? lol We don't live in Kentucky you know? Just kidding for any of you who live in or come from Kentucky.
After the splash pad, we got some lunch, went to the lake, and then home to play. A long nice family weekend.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. I am anxious to see the finished product from the pottery place.
What a great weekend! Glad you had fun and that you got to go shopping for you! That is rare for us mommies :)
very nice... carpooling sounds better than the last few weeks and months!! too funny about marrying his sister!! LOL
My kids are never good in CVS either lol.. - I have banned them from the car lots, furniture stores and CVS indefinitly LOL...How are you guys doing? I read your blog all the time, just dont always have time to comment! Email me sometime ;)
Post a Comment