CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Exhausted

I am just so drained right now. I'm hoping to make it to bed a little early tonight. It's been a big week. Work has been kicking my butt this week and John took off Wednesday and Thursday so he could meet his Dad at Reelfoot Lake with Jackson. It was a little male bonding time hiking in the woods and I'm glad that he got to take a little break since he's been working so hard the past few months. Thursday the men came back and John's dad stayed with us and Friday he got a hotel room so the kids could go swimming. I opted to go to the movies with the girls and saw Sex and the City. It was a much deserved break and the movie was pretty good.

Saturday, we met John's dad for breakfast and then he was headed back to Texas. It was a nice little trip and the kids had a blast with him. He bought them a little wavy noodle sprinkler that they really liked and Jackson always loves company, so he was a very happy camper. Call me crazy, but I do wish my in-laws lived closer. The kids adore them, and they have enough respect to keep their distance and not butt in too much. A good thing.

Elena's first week at her new school went pretty well, I kept Jackson out this week since he would only have gone a day or so, so his first week starts tomorrow and I hope he does well. I don't worry much about Elena, she doesn't scare easily, and she is usually pretty okay wherever she goes. She's a tough little girl and fairly easy going so she's nothing to worry about. Jackson on the other hand is more like me. He's so sensitive and he is shy until he gets comfortable with his surroundings. I hope he makes friends early and doesn't let things bother him too much. He is just so quick to throw a fit and cry , etc. I hope this phase ends quickly.

So our company left Saturday and we had to go to work for a little while, then it was off to the Splash Pad. The kids had a great time other than when they got knocked to the ground. Elena got bulldozed twice and both hit their heads on the concrete. I really wish they could have made that out of something softer for the kids, or at the least that the bigger kids would try to look where they are going and be careful around the smaller ones. Elena got knocked down twice by the same kid. I had a little talk with him the second time he did it.

Sunday we went to the zoo. It was a good time, but gosh it was hot! Of course I know it will only get hotter, but it was very warm to be lugging around two kids in the wagon. I am so tired from this week and my body is just drained. With all the work I've had to do, the fun activities, the kids, the company, and I've been battling some sort of infection or allergies, that is totally kicking my butt, makes for an exhausting week.

0 comments: