CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter fun

Easter weekend has come and gone and it was sure a heck of a weekend! Friday our playdate got cancelled at the last minute as my friend's grandfather in law is very sick with cancer and dying so they made a quick road trip to go see him. This was also the same day as the tornado and the kids and I spend a good chunk of our day hiding in the closet. I hate tornados, it seems like this area always gets hit.

Saturday we had a birthday party which was super fun, then my family, some friends, and my Mom who came up to visit all went to an Egg hunt. It was a lot of fun, and Elena got to ride a pony. She was a happy girl. Afterwards my Mom took us out to eat then back to the house to hang out for a bit. Then I had to get ready to go out with a super friend, and we had a most excellent time. I even did karaoke. Yikes! Yes I was horrible, but at least I can say I did it. I got home at 4, then had to fill the kids Easter egg baskets and fill eggs for the hunt the next day. Went to bed at 5, kids woke up at 7, then up for good at 8. How on Earth do I run on so little sleep????

Sunday was Easter, a most beautiful day indeed, and the kids were uber excited at all the goodies in their baskets, and we had lots of fun looking for eggs. That crazy rabbit even hid some eggs in the house. Jackson was very impressed. We played outside most of the day and lounged quite a bit, I was exhausted from the night before. So the weekend is done, and now we have a fresh new week coming up. I hope it holds less excitement than this week.

1 comments:

Christy Sanford

sounds like you had a great weekend!! it was so good to see you and glad miss elena got to ride the pony!!! : )