CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Things are good

I was in limbo as to if I wanted my Mom to watch the kids after her reaction wasn't what I had hoped for, and so what did I do when I called her Saturday? Was I an adult and let her take the kids if she felt good? Oh no, I decided to start a fight. I called and she was in a good mood, felt great and ready to keep the kids. I told her I didn't think so, and then proceeded to let all the annoyances I've been feeling toward her come bursting forth. Yep, I just couldn't help myself. I'll spare details, but it wasn't good, and I made some awful threats. I swear I just don't know what is wrong with me sometimes. Of course, later the urge to do the "right thing" overcame me, as it always does, dang my conscience, and I called her to apologize and said she could take the kids. Why oh why do they love going to her house so much??? I hate it there. I've always wanted to leave home for as long as I could remember. I never fit in, it's almost like I just can't breathe there.

So I rush to get the kids packed, we go to Nashville to watch the Preds practice and then meet my Mom. I do have to give my Mom credit for one thing, although this has also driven me nuts many times about her, she has the ability to basically forget an argument almost immediately. I certainly didn't get that trait from her, as I am a sit and stew, holding a grudge much longer than I should. So I see her and am nice to her, and what had she done? She had bought the kids some clothes from a consignment sale, and not only did she buy them stuff, she actually WASHED everything that morning for me so that I wouldn't have more laundry than I already have. Made me feel like a total heel!!! Now I realize it sounds like my Mom is a saint, and trust me, she isn't. She was a horrible Mom to me, but she has gotten better through the years though, we just have always had issues with one another. But on that morning, it did make me appreciate some of the wonderful things she does.

So hubby and I went to the Pottery place to do a mosaic picture for her birthday next week, and it took forever, but I am hoping it comes out pretty. I can't wait to see it!!! We then went to Red Lobster to eat, it was delicious!!! Then went back to our shop for a little one on one, and then to the movies to see Tropic Thunder. It was pretty funny, and I have to admit, Tom Cruise did steal the show, even though he had a bit part, it was hysterical! We slept in a little this morning, had a nice leisurely morning, and maybe we'll go to the shop today for a bit, to try to get more of the place kid friendly so the kids can have a better time when I take them there after MDO.

It's been a wonderful weekend, and I'm so glad hubby and I have had a chance to reconnect. It's sometimes very hard to do that when you see the person 24/7 at work, home, etc, and then add 2 kids to the mix while you're trying to work, it gets a little hectic. I can't believe we've been together for almost 19 years!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous

Glad you guys had a nice weekend together. Sorry about the situation with your Mother. Hope your good weekend continues into the new week.

Christy Sanford

who knows maybe the confirntation (horible spelling so sorry) helped in some small way... big hugs!! if you are like me i pray for more grace for people every day... : ) maybe it is the hormones maybe it is my age.. who knows but i truely need to have more grace for people...LOL