CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Still busy

Things have still been so busy, but I'm feeling better overall. I swear I don't know how single moms or moms whose husbands travel all the time handle working all day and then taking care of the kids and the house at night. whew!

The kids are doing pretty well, although we're still having issues with Elena's constipation. Poor little girl just freezes up and gets as stiff as a board and will scream for an eternity. The Karo syrup didn't work, it just makes her puke. So now we are on Miralax, but I am also going to try mineral oil and see if that helps. I hate to see her in that much pain, it's awful!

Jackson is good, but he doesn't seem to be adjusting real well to his school and we're having issues, so a new school might be in order, again. I really hope we find the right fit for us. Daycares stink!

Elena's got one more day at her MDO and I know she will miss the kids and her teachers. The other little girl that's in her class really likes Elena, and one of the teachers especially is so sweet with Elena. I'll miss taking her there, but unfortunately, they just don't provide enough hours for me. I wish I didn't have to work. boo

Last weekend was a good weekend, even if I did have to work Saturday. I went to Applebee's with Ellen Friday and it was a much needed night out for both of us. I had a lot of fun. Sunday I went to Nashville with a friend and I had a great time. I really feel a lot better mentally right now, so that's making things good as well.

Monday the shop will be closed for the holiday, but I will probably be working, if the kids will allow me, or if I can find a sitter. I really need to bust my butt so John can take off Wednesday to meet his Dad at Reelfoot Lake. He wants to take Jackson. He really needs a break, so it's worth it to me to work a little harder so he can achieve it. Thursday the guys will be back, and his Dad will stay here a couple of days. The kids love him to death, so I am glad he's coming. He stays just long enough and then leaves right before he's overstayed his welcome. Very good for everyone.

Not much else going on. I've got some sinus issues and a sore swollen throat, but I get this all the time. I guess it's allergies or something.

4 comments:

Anonymous

I hope that the daycare thing works out soon.

Who is the "friend" you went somewhere with last Sunday? ;)

Tamra

Hello. We have battled the constipation issue since Addison was 7 months old. The GI specialist told us they tend to avoid the oils incase the child INHALES IT but did recommend Miralax.

We've had a huge success giving Addison chewable probiotics and switching to Lactose Free 2% milk and cutting back her cheese addiciton. She's doing amazing after the probiotics. We also give her yogurt with that in it.................but the lactose free milk does seem to make a difference. Just trying to help another parent because I cry when I see how much pain it causes Addy and she bleeds :(

Shannon

Thanks so much for you input! I had to call the dr today because she had a bad BM yesterday and it had blood in it. I felt awful for her! She's going to have to go back on Miralax, and I'm going to talk to my dr about the things you suggested and hope they help too. I really appreciate your advice!

Tamra

We got ours for Addison for a very reasonable cost: http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Once-Daily-Primadophilus-Kids

It took about a week and then we started seeing results. ALSO "dried blueberries" that we got at Whole Foods work wonders. That and cutting her milk with water and using lactose free. I'd also cut out all cheese etc. Trust me. We've had blood in the stool since she was like 7 months old.