The past couple of weeks have flown by! Work has been so busy it's crazy. John's putting in 12-14 hours a day, which leaves me and the kids to fend for ourselves most of the time. I'll be glad when we get through this stretch. I'll tell you working with your spouse is never easy, but when you add all the stress of overtime, watch out! lol We've had some ups and downs, but right now it seems to be going okay and I'm trying to remain positive. I'll tell you, positive people are a very strange breed to me. I really eny them. It's still something I work on. It's definitely not second nature to me. It's like seeing something that's blue, but people tell you it's red. Bizarre.
John and I worked late last week, and then we actually got to go out for a date. We went to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall and it was hysterical! I'd watch it again. We ended up getting into a huge fight later, but we ended up talkiing a lot of stuff out, and so far, things seem to be better. I'm trying to watch my temper and trying not to let the stress of our lives get to me too much right now.
So what's been going on in our lives? Jackson started his new school and I have to say so far it's going pretty well. Granted I have issues with the new school, no school is perfect, but he seems to be learning more, and that makes me happy. He's made a couple of friends, and I'm sure he'll make more. The kid is so sweet, how could anybody not like him???
Elena still is a little fussy when we take her to either of her schools, I think it's just a phase, since she normally loves her MDO. It might be her new tooth she's cutting. Yes, my little girl ALMOST has 4 teeth! lol Yes, the girl is a super slow teether, I can't believe it. Jackson was a slow teether, but come on, she's 16 months old!!! She's good though, sweet, smart, creative, but boy can she scream. EVERY time I pick her up from school, she's so tired and hungry, she screams most of the way home. I give her snacks in the car, but that doesn't always calm my adorable little beast. I love her to pieces though, I will just be glad whe she starts to talk a little more, so I can know what she wants. At this age, Jackson was speaking in complete sentences, whereas Elena says maybe 10-12 words. They are like night and day, but I am so glad that my children are different and have their own strengths and weaknesses.
I'm working on a design for my Mommy tattoo and boy am I having a hard time. I don't know if I am going to get two separate designs or incorporate it all into one big tattoo. I do know John and I are going to have to do the artwork, since I called the tattoo place and they said they need at least a month or more for custom art. I have faith though, John and I have designed every tattoo I have, so this one should be no different. I'm thinking Celtic since I have Welsh ancestry, maybe even throw in a little Native American, which I have as well. Although I love Asian culture, so maybe some of that too. Can you see how hard it is for me to decide??? lol If anybody has some good ideas, let me know.
Tomorrow, we're meeting friends at the Discovery Center for a bit, and then it's off to work. Yes, work on a Sunday. Sucks doesn't it?? Well, off to spend a little time with hubby.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
You guys are so busy.. I get tired from all you do.. I dont see how you do it. Hugs girl!
Post a Comment