CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

A new week

So last week was WAY too stressful and I am breathing a huge sigh of relief that the week is done. Work was stressful, we went to the hockey thing for Jackson which he barely did and Elena was AWFUL!!!! She didn't want to be held, wanted to climb the bleachers, was shrieking at the top of her lungs, people staring, it was just surreal. We never had stuff like that with Jackson. We left and got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. Like a mile in 30 minute kind of traffic, so we turned around and went a different route. Elena and I are not going back with the guys this week, I need at least a week to recuperate, lol.

Valentine's day is over and I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief. My Mom's group did Secret Valentine's and I have to say it stressed me more than I needed to. Long story that I won't bore you with, but I am relieved that I don't have any more gifts to buy for a while. I spent lots of time and money on it, and I just don't have either to spare right now. John and I had a bumpy start to V-Day but it got better later in the evening. I got a nice little Sony Walkman, some flowers, good food and sweet cards. Not bad overall.

So lately my positivity has gone out the window, lots of griping, etc and I hope I have found the solution. It's a book called Focus on the Good Stuff: The Power of Appreciation. I really need to find this book. I do have a hard time appreciating what I have, focusing more on the what I don't and it just doesn't work. I need to be happy for what I do have, and stop concentrating on how great I think others have it. Sometimes those people that we think are so perfect or have it so great, really don't. Focus on the positive, yep, that's what I'm going to try to do.

I'm going to end this post asking for a little prayer for my Mom. She has been sick this week, and while it shouldn't have been a big deal, my sister's family all had it and recovered in less than a week, my Mother's scleroderma makes it harder for her body to fight infection. She went to a walk-in clinic and they tested her white blood count and will get back to her if there's a problem. They also told her not to go back to work until the end of this week. That's two weeks of being sick. She sounded horrible on the phone, and I just worry for her. With her disease she has so many issues and her life expectancy with it is not that great either. So please if you could just say a little prayer that there isn't a bigger underlying issue or that her disease just won't let her heal and it develop into something more serious. Thanks!

4 comments:

chandra

Shannon, prayers for your mom. I hope she's on the mend and feeling better soon.

Girl, no one is perfect and as you said, appearances can be deceiving. I'm glad you've decided to try to focus on what's good in YOUR life. We all need to be reminded of that every now and then. At some function I went to a number of years ago they talked about starting your day with a prayer. Asking God to help you be the person/wife/mom He wants you to be and thanking Him for something you're thankful for. It takes about 30 seconds and that's about all the time I have in the morning. It helps me to remember what I'm thankful for at least once each day.

All that to say, enjoy your book, I hope it's meaningful. :)

Anonymous

Prayers for your Mom..
I will ditto what Chandra said. Appearances can be very deceiving.
I think that some people are very good at presenting their "game face" than others.
I see it all the time with my clients at work. If you were to see them out or even engage in coversation with them, you may think that they have everything (looks, money and perfect children). Some of those same people have more problems than you and me will ever have. Yes, it's true! I also am all about saying prayers too. Hugs to you girl!

Christy Sanford

praying for your mom!!! i heard a speaker once say that in our own minds we all perceive ourselves with a big "D" on our chest for defective.. and we get so caught up in our own stuff and assume that everyone else is staring or sees the same thing...but the reality is that we are usually all too busy worrying about our own stuff to see each others flaws...LOL he meant it in jest but it was a great reminder....

i think about it a lot... when i get so overwhelmed by my crap and stuff....

hang in there girl... you are doing great about continuing to try to get back to the positive!!!

big hugs!!

Barbara

Prayers for your Mom Shannon, is she better now?

I'll ditto on what they said. I think I'm going to start a thankful journal of things that are blessings in my life. I'm starting to hear more form different places about how just being thankful intentionally can help lift your spirits!