CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Another year goes by

Thanksgiving has come and gone and with that brings another year of being older and wiser??? lol My birthday was nice though. Usually I dread them and I complain of it being the worst birthday ever, it's kind of my thing, but this year was pretty darn nice. I decided not to go visit my family in Dickson and instead stay at home with my family ( husband, kids). It was really nice and low key. We didn't make a big meal, but it was nice to just relax and I got some nice gifts. Jackson was so thrilled with the Halloween earrings he picked out for me, and I got a nice frame with some pics of the kids put in it, some jewelry, clothes, some ornaments and flowers and a cake. Oh and I finally got breakfast in bed. Woo hoo!!! We went to the Preds game that evening and they won, so another nice gift. The next day was the after Thanksgiving Day sales so even though I didn't go to bed until after midnight, I was up at 3 to get ready to be at Kohl's by 4. Yes I am crazy, I needed to get a DVD player for my sweet little boy ( third time's a charm right?) and got some great gifts for the kids and a memory foam pillow for me. I went with a friend, and we got lots of shopping done and I have to say, it's much easier doing BF shopping with a friend. I got almost everything on my list and then we got some breakfast.

After, the shopping, I went to work for a little bit and then we took the kids to the clay studio to do handprints for my birthday. Not an easy task with an almost 1 and 4 year old, but I'm sure the end result will be worth it. I can't wait to pick up the finished product.

My Mom took the kids Saturday so John and I could have a date night. We didn't get to go see the movie we wanted, but were able to finally try Bonefish Grille. It was really good!!! I had a Pomegranate martini and it was delish!!!! I will definitely order that again, it was much better than my first martini experience, lol. If you don't know ask me sometime.

We also bought some wood laminate to re-do our living room and bedroom. I can't wait to get rid of our awful carpet!!! We got the kiddos back today and things are back to normal. Tomorrow should be pretty busy. I can't believe my little boy will be four in 10 days!!!!! Wow this year is flying by!

1 comments:

Anonymous

You have been busy girl. You need a weekend just to "do nothing". I want to try that drink sometime.