CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome 2009

2008 is now gone and it's a brand new year. Yay!! I'm hoping this will be a better year for everyone. We ended 2008 at a friend's house, kids included, and my little ones stayed up until 1 AM. Yep, you read that right, they even outlasted their grandparents. hahaha. I was hopeful for a late sleep in, but oh no, Jackson was up at 6, Elena at 7:30, these kids really dont' require much sleep, oh the joy! not.

I didn't necessarily make resolutions, those only seem to be broken in days, but I am going to try my best to better myself in so many ways. I want to be happier, it upsets me to hear people that truly know me, to talk about how sad I always look, I honestly don't feel that sad, but I guess the stress gets to me. I want to make more time for my hubby, I make lots of time for the kiddos already, but I do need to make more time for my man. He's a good guy, who tries very hard to take care of so much that he gets burdened. I would like to try to keep the house more organized and cleaner, that will be an act of God, but a girl can always dream.

Speaking of God, I am going to try to explore my religious options, hubby's not too excited about this one, but the kids seem interested and I should look into it, I have oh so many questions. I want to spend more time being thankful, I get so caught up in what I don't have and what I want, that I forget how blessed I am. I want to spend less and save more, this one will be truly difficult, as I have a slight shopping addiction. Not even necessarily on good stuff like clothes, shoes and purses, it's usually stuff for the kids or house, it's still a compulsion though. I want to eat better, and exercise more, but this is a standard wish for me. I would like to get back more to my roots, my core being, I think I've strayed more and more through the years and need to get back to myself. I would like to look into doing more things that I want to do, just never got around to. My own sort of bucket list I suppose. Time creeps up so quickly and I don't want to have regrets. Most of all, I want to work on my confidence and love. I have a hard time with myself, and I need to learn to accept myself , faults and all and love myself. I don't know why I am so hard on myself, I'm a fun person, with lots of caring and compassion to give, and have lots to offer, I just forget this sometimes. Go me!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous

Looks like you are on the right path, and I do think you are doing much better about loving yourself. baby steps...:)