Wednesday, December 17, 2008
???
What the heck was I thinking by offering to have Christmas here, with my MIL and sister in law, and actually cook a holiday meal??? First of all the house is filled with WAY too many toys and boxes from the kids birthday party. Definitely need to go through all of their old things and donate stuff. Now on to the cooking part. WTH was I thinking??? I have NEVER cooked a holiday meal, the closest thing was I bought a pre-made tofurkey and cooked it in the oven. I've never even made homemade mashed potatoes. I'm the person people ask to bring the drinks or possibly rolls. I am in some deep doo-doo here I tell ya. I'd like to make a ham, and I would LOVE to learn how to make mashed potatoes with my grandmother's gravy recipe, but it took my Mom years to perfect the gravy recipe, I hardly think a novice like me could even come close to duplicating it this year. I guess I will be searching online to learn how to cook next week, unless I totally lose my confidence and break down and order pizza. It's a possibility. yikes!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
bettycrocker.com ; ) you can do it !!! have everyone make something as well...so that way you aren't responsible for it all... like a group effort... plus that makes it fun... just make sure you open a big bottle of wine before you start ; )
you can do it and it will be easier with some wine!
:)
luv ya!
Post a Comment