CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Welcome home

We're back from Memphis and the trip was really fun. We went to the zoo for the light display and Santa Friday night. Elena wouldn't sit on Santa's lap, which is odd since at the mall she had no problems. Saturday morning we tried to go to the Peabody to see the ducks and they had most of the roads blocked for a marathon. We couldn't get there and it was taking so long we gave up, darn healthy people. lol We went to the zoo, and it was awesome! MUCH better than the Nashville one and it's cheaper, go figure. Went to the Peabody for a few minutes, it was crazy packed and a nice lady in front of me held Jackson up so he could see the ducks, I had to view them through a camcorder in front of me. Poor Elena was asleep in the car. Went to the Children's museum Sunday and it was okay, not as good as Discovery Center here. Met a friend of John's midway back home. He seemed nice and it made me feel good when John told me the guy was commenting on how John " married up".

Trying to get caught up at work and doing birthday party plans. Next year I am going to need reminding to do "small" birthday party. This one is getting a little out of control and I apparently am at "max capacity" for the bounce party, so while I'm sad that some of Jackson's best friends can't make it, I guess that's a good thing. I spent a small fortune at Party City today for goody bags, which grumpy hubby said that kids don't need one when I'm spending so much for the bounce stuff, but he's a scrooge. I really hope the kids have a great time, it's what all the effort is for anyway. I wanted a big turnout for Jackson's sake, as he is all about having lots of people around, I don't have any idea where he got that from as I am almost the exact opposite. I've got a huge cookie cake and LOTS of cupcakes ordered. I'm frustrated that it was so hard to find Star Wars, but with a little creativity I will make it work.

Things are going pretty well here. Being medicated apparently suits me. I hate that I need it, but it definitely makes me more mellow and "even tempered". Things that normally would have sent me in a crying fit or a fit of rage, now are just minor annoyances. Yeah I still get aggravated, depressed, etc, but I feel more "normal". It's taken a little bit of adjusting to get used to that. Weird.

0 comments: