Tonight was a stressful evening and it showed in the way I treated my hubby and kids. After I hung up on hubby, mad about him working late as usual, it hit me. It's time for an adjustment in my attitude. I tend to be a very negative person by nature, but I truly want to and am working on being more positive. It's not easy, but it's important, so I keep chugging along.
Instead of being annoyed that hubby is working late as usual, I should be thankful that not only does he have a job, but that there is business to be done instead of none.
Instead of being annoyed that I am left to take care of the kids by myself after working all day, again, feeling like a single mom, I should be thankful that he will eventually come home, and that this crazy time shall pass.
Instead of being annoyed that my kids want to spend all of their time with me and I can't get anything done, I should be thankful that not only do I have two wonderful and adorable kids, but that they actually want to spend all of their time with me because they love me. That in time they won't want to hang with dear old mom, because I will embarrass and ruin their lives and I will be missing these days of adoring children.
Instead of feeling badly about myself because I don't look the way I want to look I should be thankful that I am alive, can see, hear, don't have any deformities and am relatively healthy.
Instead of feeling like everyone has it better than me, or that I am a failure, or putting myself down, I should be thankful that I have a husband who thinks I'm smart and sexy and loves me, children who adore me, a roof over my head, food in my tummy ( well actually wine in my tummy, but dinner will be in a minute, lol), a car that runs, my own business, things certainly could be worse. Overall, I have a good life. I mean what I say, and say what I mean, and I think I'm actually a pretty fun and cool chick. So I am happy for my life today, and try to focus on what I have instead of have not.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
woo hoo!!! you just inspired me!!! i needed to hear that myself today!! thank you!! big hugs!
Wow glad I read your blog today.......makes me see things in myself :)
Hugs girlie!
Glad you are looking for the positives! Big hugs girl :)
Post a Comment