So I've been slacking at the blogging thing, just been too busy lately. The year has already been a bit of a struggle, but I'm hoping to get all of the bad out of the way, and in with the good soon. So, lots of new things going on. Still working on the house, groan, it always takes longer than expected especially when you don't have much time on your hands, but it will get done. I'm liking the new floors and the paint. Very nice, now I just really wish we could hurry and get started on the bathroom. We have all the stuff, just little to no time. New tile floors, new countertop, sigh.
So the kids are having a bit of a tough time so far. Elena had always been so healthy and didn't even really get sick until she got Strep on her bottom around 10 months. Then it was on to RSV and an ear infection, and now it's Staph, on her cute little tushie. It's clearing though, but I still feel bad for her. Then it was falling at MDO, a nice little bruise on her face, and the very next day, a fall off the bed, bad mommy, and a nice bruise on the same side of her face, above her eye.
Next was Jackson. We went to the Preds game the other night, I got his coat on as we were about to leave, and went to put Elena's hat on, he ran for the door to open it for us and the rug was rumpled up, he tripped ( he's got my grace, lol) and face first into the door. John saw it, I ddin't, and apparently he's lucky he didn't break his nose. Off to the medical station, where they bandaged his eye which was cut, and said he didn't break his nose, but would have a shiner. Fortunately he didn't have one the next day, but he's still a little banged up. Poor kids!!!
I am loving working from home!!! Although, because of the kids being sick, etc, I haven't really had a full day of just working from home, but it's great!!! Elena sleeps so much better and I really cherish being at home with her, as I know soon enough she will be in daycare, probably full time, boo. She really is just the sweetest thing, and I really enjoy having her. I didn't appreciate Jackson as much as a baby, because I really like the toddler stage more and was looking forward to that, but since she is my last I really savor every moment. I also just really love their differences. They couldn't be more different, other than being so darn cute! She's so quiet, and has a really good sense of humor ( Jackson still hasn't quite learned that) and she loves her music, dances at everything and I tell you, the girl has rhythm ( she definitely gets that from Dad). Jackson on the other hand, is so smart, verbal ( yes, that's a nice way of saying he never shuts up) and he's just never been into music. They are like night and day, and I love it!!! Who wants to have a clone of the same kid??? I love their differences and they are both just the most awesome kids!!! I genuinely like my kids. Of course you're gonna love them, but sometimes you might not like them, but at this stage, I both like and love them. I really am blessed!!
As for me, I've joined a gym, and am trying to get into shape. I really struggle with eating right, but the working out is nice. I worry about Elena in their daycare, but I have to start taking time for me and my health, if I want to be a better parent. She likes it in there, but I worry. I worry about the cleanliness and if she will get hurt, germs, etc. , but I'm taking time for myself and I know my little girl will be okay, she's a tough little cookie.
Speaking of which, reminds me of a few days ago. Jackson was whining about Elena not getting off him, hurting him, etc ( it's a horrible thing we're going through right now with the whining) and I hear John tell him how to push her off him. So I'm listening and thinking there is so much wrong with this scenario. First my husband is showing my 4 yr old son how to shove his sister off of him, but also that my son can't get her off and she's a 1 yr old GIRL!!! So funny. I always thought having a son who's older than my daughter would be a good thing for protection, but I'm thinking it might be the other way around, lol. Did I say how much I LOVE my kids????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Glad you are taking care of you.
Sorry about Elena's accidents.
p.s. I am a slacker too with blogging
Post a Comment