Things have been so crazy busy lately that I have just completely forgotten about posting. We made it through Christmas. It was really nice. It seems like it just kind of snuck up on me, so we didn't do as many Christmas tradition type things I would have liked, but we did watch Grinch and Rudolph. Listened and sang some Christmas carols, decorated the tree together, and made cookies and reindeer food. Left a key out for Santa, since we have a ventless fireplace, Santa's gotta have a way to get in, lol. The kids were so cute and sweet Christmas day. They got entirely too much stuff, but it was fun watching them play with everything. Then it was off to Dickson to see my Mom and family.
The kids had a blast, they always do at Mom's. They absolutely loved the new safari wagon she bought, now we just need the weather to get a little nicer to take them to the zoo in it. It was a nice day, good food, and good company. What more can you ask for?
A few days after Christmas Mom took the kids for a couple of days so that John and I could install new flooring and paint. We got the bedroom and living room floors in, and painted the bedroom. Now we just have to paint the bedroom. A friend helped me pick out the paint, I so don't trust myself picking out from all of those colors, and she's got such great taste that I knew she would steer me in the right direction. Thanks once again Monica!!!
John's carpal tunnel got really bad from all of the work we did, so I'm hoping he'll heal soon so we can finish these projects. I have to toot my own horn just a little. I actually installed a lot of the flooring myself, which is not something I would have thought I could have done, but I did. Go me!!!
So 2007 is now past, and we're on to 2008. The past year has been difficult for us, and I can only hope this year is better. I didn't necessarily make a New Year's resolution, they're so easy to break, but I am hoping to really improve myself and my life. I really struggle with my negative attitude, and stress especially. So far, being more positive and trying not to stress is going better than I thought, but it certainly is difficult for me. I'm always amazed by those people who don't fret, stress, worry, and are always so positive. I would love to be one of those people. But, I am myself, and I have to be the best me I can be, so that is what I will try. It ain't gonna be easy, but then again, nothing in life that is worth anything is easy. Wish me luck and I hope you all have a very blessed 2008!
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Great news on the floors can't wait to get some over here.........and big hugs to a great 2008!
I am impressed that you did the flooring.
I look forward to seeing it.
Post a Comment