CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day Twenty Five

Write a letter to someone you miss.

Dear Daddy,
It's been 28 years since I last saw you, hugged you, laughed w/ you and I miss you so much!  I miss the way you used to make me laugh, the tight hugs, hearing you call me by my nickname.  So much has gone by and you've missed so much.  I know it wasn't by choice, you never would have left me if it just wastn't your time to go. 

I graduated high school, went to college and fell in love.  Dropped out because I was blinded by love, sorry about that one, not the love but the dropping out.  lol  I got married, boy I really missed you on that day, I chose to walk down the aisle because if I couldn't have you do it, nobody else would do.  You were definitely in my thoughts that day though. 

You missed the birth of my children, the first one a son who's named after you Jackson Randall, and a daughter who would have captivated you just as much if not more than she does me.  You were happy to have two daughters and it didn't bother you at all that you didn't have a son.  I loved hearing the stories from multiple people about how they had never seen a man more in love w/ his kids. 

I definitely share many of your same qualities, and this love that you have for your kids, I now share w/ my kids.  It's hard to imagine the strength of the love you feel, but it's there.  It's undeniable, indescribable, unbreakable. 

I still think of you often, and one day whenever God sees fit, I will see you again.  I'll hug you and laugh w/ you, make up for all of these lost years.  Until then, I take comfort in knowing you watch over and protect me and my family.  I love you always and forever <3  Your Sugar