CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 21, 2011

Where does the time go?

Geez, I haven't been very good about keeping this blog updated, but I'm going to try to do better.  I think I will try to post at least once or twice a week.  Sounds reasonable. 

It's already almost the end of January and things have overall been pretty good.   I have my good days and bad, fortunately, I'm in a pretty good mood this morning. :)  Lately I have just been really counting my blessings.  Sure things aren't perfect, I still have some very painful things going on in my life, but the most important things like my kids and just having the basic essentials of life, like food, overall health, a roof over my head, my precious babies who I seem to appreciate and love more and more everyday are good.

I got a call from Elena's school yesterday that she had a fever, I felt so bad, because she had told me in the morning that she didn't feel well and didn't want to go to school, but she does that every school day, kind of like the boy who cried wolf, so how I am to know when she's not fibbing.  The girl's got a vivid imagination.  She tells me tall tales of what goes on in class, and then when I ask her teachers, it's all just in her imagination.  I swear, she has me over the moon.  I am so in love w/ her.  It's funny how our relationship started out bumpy, but she's my little partner in crime , funny how much I miss her when she's in school.  She's my baby, my last, I can only imagine what a basket case I will be when she starts school.   Her fever's already gone by the way, so happy she's feeling so much better.  It's amazing how quickly my kids bounce back from illnesss, they sure didn't get that from me. :)

Jackson complained of a tummy ache last night, but fortunately, he's fit as a fiddle this morning too, yay!  I'm so proud of how well he's doing in school.  He is getting really good at reading and loves it, makes me so happy because I used to love reading a ton of books when I was in school too, I wish I had more time to read.

Speaking of reading, I finished my book club Happiness Project book and it was good!  It wasn't a fast read, but I noticed I was much happier when I was reading the book.  I need to start on my own happiness project.  I'm currently working on  finishing another self-help book while I'm waiting for the rest of my book club to finish HP, it's called The 4 Agreements, it's supposedly worked wonders on one of my Mom's co-workers, so it's worth a try.

I was pleasantly surprised by the way when I was having a talk w/ my Mom, and she made the comment that it was the best conversation we've ever had, she liked the positivity.  I guess I don't always let her see the person I'm becoming.  It's a work in progress for sure.  Still made me feel good, although I was a little sad that she was surprised and hadn't noticed it before, guess I need to let the sun shine through a little more.  :)

I'm also really enjoying doing the Secret Valentine in my Mom's group.  It seems like so far I have a really good one.  I've gotten some super sweet cards about how happy they are that I'm their Valentine, yay!  I guess I finally got a person who likes me, and it's showing because they've been a great Valentine!  I even got a homemade meal yesterday, beef stew and homemade red velvet cupcakes.  Yummy!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous

I have noticed more "pep in your step" also. I want to read that book also. Glad taht things are going well for you.