Sunday, November 8, 2009
Rest in Peace Leona
This past month just hasn't been a good month for our kitties. It started with having to take Sidney , one of our company cats, and euthanizing her. She could hardly walk, and her health had quickly deteriorated. Then, a couple of weeks later, hubby accidentally turned the dryer on with Jackson's kitty in it. It ran the full cycle and the cat is so lucky that he didn't die. Most of his pads on his feet were burned off, he lost some hair and whiskers, horrible fever for a while, but now you would never know he almost died a couple of weeks ago. Then Friday, our other company cat had the same thing as Sidney happen. Overnight she was gaunt and could barely walk. I took her to the vet, and they had to euthanize her as well. While Leona and I weren't horribly close, I had rescued her as a feral cat at least 12-13 years ago, she was so adorable and while terribly skittish, she just had a sweet nature. I took her passing harder than I thought I would, I just wish the circumstances through the years could have been different. It just hasn't been a good cat month for us. Love you Leona!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
hugs.. sorry about your loss. you guys have been through a lot lately
ah...i am so sorry ...big hugs to you girl!!!
Post a Comment