This month has just been a whirlwind. Elena went to Jackson's daycare for 2 days, which didn't go so well, but I finally found a daycare that had an opening that I liked. I was so relieved to not only find a good school, but the fact that they are squeezing her in, makes me very happy. They won't have an opening for Jackson until May, but at least this gives me a good opportunity to make sure I like the school before I move him. I really hope he will like it there. It seems like they concentrate on education a little more than at his current school.
Jackson got tested for the peer program at Walter Hill and I am praying that it went well. He apparently impressed some of the teachers, they even made a note of it on his form and wanted one of the woman who I suppose makes the decision to meet him. Please keep your fingers crossed. If he gets in, not only can I be assured that it's a good program and he will learn everything he needs to learn for Kindergarten, but he'll be at an actual school so he can get used to that, a close friend of ours is a teacher at the same school as well, so he can keep his eyes on him, but also saving $8,000 a year will be awesome!
So Elena had her first day at the new school, and apparently it went well, other than she didn't eat very well, and when John to come pick her up, she was eating her baby fruit snacks, and started choking. The teacher gave her a little heimlich and she was fine, just a little shaken. I'm so glad I wasn't there, I would have been freaked. I am REALLY hating this new schedule of working all week, and my little girl being gone! I'm hoping in the coming months, that I can change my schedule around a little and do more part-time work, and more kid time at home.
I'm still working on the positivity, but it's been a little tough. I am just in a real funk, and it just seems like so much in my life isn't going the way I want or planned, and it's a little discouraging. John's stressed and then I get stressed and it just isn't good sometimes. I said the most hateful thing to him today, and I feel bad that I did, but the worse part was I really meant it, at least at that moment. I tend to be one of those passionate people who lives in the moment and I have a hard time distinguishing from just a fight and hate. It's awful and I really need to work on it.
My Mom kept the kids Saturday night, so John and I had a date. We went to Olive Garden and I used my gift card I won at Bunco. It was good. I had a pomegranate martini and the Chicken Fontina. Pretty good, but I guess I am just spoiled by how good Marina's is. We went to go see Vantage Point after and it was a pretty good movie. It was just bizarre because John and I had just had a conversation about what do they do if a movie doesn't have an audience, do they still play it? Well, we went to a theater in Nashville that had hardly anybody there, and when we got there, we were a little late, so we thought the movie would have already started. Wrong. The movie wasn't even going, and the theater was EMPTY! So we sat there waiting for the movie to begin, which it didn't, so John had to go tell them to start it. It was so odd being the only people there. Of course John would have liked to go in the backrow for a little bit of romance, but I had eaten way too much at Olive Garden, lol. It was really nice to have some couple time, but I swear, when I don't have my kids, I feel like I'm missing a limb or something. We went to my Aunt's house on Easter Sunday to pick them up and I was just so thrilled to see them. I dressed Elena up in a beautiful little dress and even though she wouldn't cooperate for any really good pictures, John still got some that showed how adorable she looked. I'll have to get him to post some soon.
It was nice doing the egg hunt, and Elena is actually pretty good at finding the eggs, she's even better finding jelly beans, man she really likes jelly beans. lol It was just very nice.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
I am glad that you had a date night. You did not tell me about Elena choking..OMG! Bless her heart..
I hope things get bette for ya girlie!
Post a Comment