What a horrible and crazy week last week was. My kitty is still missing. I haven't seen her in over a week. Elena was hell last week, but fortunately she's been much better this week. Jackson has been good, but he just got in my lap a minute ago and he's got a fever. Poor kid. This is also not good, because Elena will be in MDO tomorrow and I was really needing to get a lot of work done while she was gone. Not sure if I will take him to work at least half a day or not. I just pray he doesn't he get what John has. John's been sick the past few days with a fever, chills, body aches, etc, but he is a little better now than he was. I was just hoping that John would get better quickly and not spread what he has. We've got a date Friday night to go see one of my favorite comedians, and we were going to celebrate our anniversary, so cross your fingers the kids will be fine by then.
John and I had a date night last Friday and went to go see Korn and Hellyeah. It was fun and reminded us of when we first started dating. Saturday was zoo class which was nice that we saw a sloth, but after the class, poor Margie had a flat tire. I found a super nice couple to change it for her and then we were going to take the boys to McD. Good idea right? WRONG. I had an accident while trying to park, backed up and never saw the guy. He was furious. He had just bought his car, but it really wasn't bad at all. Mine is twice as bad as his and mine still only has $560 worth of damage. Anyway, the great thing was not only was he really mean to me, but I had decided not to bring my purse with me, and although I had grabbed my insurance card, Kroger card, and debit card, I conveniently forgot my Drivers License. Yay!!! So thank goodness the cops when I called them told me to just download the report and mail it in. I thought that was odd, but at least a little luck was on my side. Margie was a great friend to go buy my booze, since I had no ID with me. This by the way, was the same McD, that we went to last week after zoo class and a guy backed into me, fortunately he didn't do any damage. Yes, I am NEVER going back to that McD.
So, I'm on the way home and need to stop by Kroger for some meds for John and Elena, and of course Jackson fell asleep. I was going to just go pick up lunch for John and I, drop Jackson off at the house and go back into town, which is 15 min each way just to go get some meds. Well there was a Walgreens right next to where I was getting lunch. I tried to wake Jackson up and he was still sleeping, so the bad mommy in me thought, okay, I'll lock the car, run into the store and get the meds and will be in and out in 2-3 minutes. So I go to open the door, my handle breaks off. So I run in and get the meds, which of course one of the meds he wanted, I had to get at the pharmacy and I thought that would be fine, but then of course she asked for my ID which I didn't have so had to get something else. So I go out to the car, and I swear I had been in there like 2 minutes, I literally ran in and out, well wouldn't you know it, my child had woken up, and he was crying. I felt like the worst Mom in the world!
I was supposed to go to the game Saturday night but Elena was still a little sick, so I stayed home with her and John took Jackson to the game. John was sick all weekend.
I got the accident repair quote today. I figured it wasn't much damage, and wouldn't you know it, it was around $560 and my deductible is $500, so guess I won't bother get it fixed right now. It's only cosmetic damage on an old van, so it doesn't really bother me much.
Okay so I guess I need to end on a positive note. We got a new addition to our family tonight. A little male black and white kitten. He's very laid back and we all love him. I hope he can bring a little life back to our family to replace the loneliness of not having a pet at home. This is the first time in 18 years, ever since John and I started dating that we haven't had a pet at home. He's very sweet, already litter trained and very laid back. I hope he will fit in nicely. The kids adore him and Jackson wants to name him Sebastian, after our male cat that died this year. We'll see. I hope we can come up with a perfect name for him, but he is the kids cat and so it's kind of Jackson's call I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
I hope everyone gets better soon and that your luck gets better girl!
Post a Comment